American Tradition Partnership is a 501(c)(4) grassroots lobbying organization dedicated to fighting environmental extremism and promoting responsible development and management of land, water, and natural resources in the Rocky Mountain West and across the United States. Dozens of radical eco-organizations whose stated purpose is to dismantle the free enterprise system – and our Constitutionally protected rights – through so-called environmental protection have set their sights on robbing Americans of the right to exist, achieve and produce. From single-family homeowners to larger employers, outdoor recreation to manufacturing, no worthwhile pursuit is safe from those who would use bureaucratic, legal, or legislative means to regulate it out of existence.
ATP is the only single-purpose membership organization of its kind, though we’re one of many free-market oriented pro-freedom groups fighting for common-sense policy, and against the use of heavy-handed government coercion by environmentalists whose policies lack broad support and violate the Constitution. Founded by committed activists, and supported by a broad membership of small donors, we enjoy the kind of credibility on these issues that only an independent grassroots group can earn.
Our goals are achieved through hard-hitting issue advocacy including legislative lobbying, electioneering, grassroots mobilization, and public education campaigns.
American Tradition Partnership is committed to advancing a voluntary, free-market approach to partnering with the business community to promote beneficial environmental stewardship. This is the only economically sustainable way to protect and preserve our environment. We put the lie to the fallacy that free people will choose to poison their own water, air, and land.
Americans overwhelmingly support responsible energy exploration and development, proper forest management (e.g., harvesting the pine bark beetle kill), wisely extracting other precious resources, while protecting private property and water rights and our environment.
That’s why it should be no surprise that balanced, free-market solutions continue to gather support from the grassroots – because they will help, not hurt, families, jobs and the American economy – and they must be advanced in the face of anti-human, anti-access, environmentalist hysteria.
There’s no question that decisions at the State and County Commission level can be even more unexpected – and more damaging – than those taking place in Congress. Many well-heeled organizations are taking aim at the independent, free-market American way of life – that’s why ATP needs your help as one of the only regional watchdogs who will be fighting for consumers’ and landowner’s rights at the local level.
Our state legislative agenda items include:
- Halting government takings of existing development, water, or mineral rights from landowners without just compensation
- Property tax relief tied to the expansion of responsible resource development – energy, precious metals, etc.
- Streamlining the permitting of forest “fuel reduction” projects (logging dead timber & kindling) on private, state and federal lands
- Clean & Green mining reform to incentivize cleanup of abandoned mines by private entities and strengthen environmental standards
- Creating legislative review by subjecting all significant changes in pollution standards by unaccountable state bureaucratic agencies to review and statutory approval by the elected legislative bodies
- Increase ratepayers’ options and access to lower-cost, market-based utility portfolios (electric, gas, etc.)
- Extending tax holiday on energy and resource development, and elimination of taxes on biofuels and other private energy sources made for private, on-premises/off-highway use
- Fighting massive expansion of federal control of private and state water resources (H.R. 2421 & S. 1870)
- Prohibiting environmental lawsuit “venue-shopping” and establishing a “loser-pay” system for frivolous lawsuits
- Protecting consumers by guaranteeing electric transmission grid access rights to the full spectrum of electric generation sources
- Eliminating roadblocks to private energy solutions by expanding rights to build hydro, wind and other projects on private property
Join ATP, Stop Gang Green!
American Tradition Partnership (ATP) is a no-compromise grassroots organization dedicated to fighting the radical environmentalist agenda. We support responsible development of natural resources and rational land use and management policies. Only together can we protect access, private property rights, and affordable energy for all Americans!