TAKE ACTION: Gas prices, pressure on Obama, skyrocketing
Dear ATP supporter,
Thanks to President Barack Obama’s anti-energy policies, gas prices continue to skyrocket.
But so is the pressure from American Tradition Partnership supporters like you.
This week is going to be a big one here in Washington.
May I please ask you to pick up the phone and make a quick call to your congressman at 202-224-3121?
Ask him or her to co-sponsor the REINS Act. (H.R. 10 in the House and S.299 in the Senate, sponsored by Sen. Rand Paul.)
As I said, this week is going to be hectic. The Hill reports:
* The Energy and Commerce Committee will hold a hearing Tuesday on electric grid reliability
* The Transportation Committee will hold a hearing Wednesday on the Environmental Protection Agency’s nutrients policies
* The Natural Resources Committee will hold a second hearing aimed at “identifying roadblocks to wind and solar energy on public lands and waters.”
* The Science Committee will examine “harmful algal blooms” Wednesday
* The Natural Resources Committee will hold a hearing Friday on legislation to ensure the country has a domestic supply of key minerals
* The Energy and Commerce Committee will take a closer look Friday at the administration’s regulatory review plans
And they have every reason to.
While Obama has kicked off his re-election campaign by claiming to support more energy development, behind the curtain he is paying off his environmentalist campaign financiers by deliberately blocking your access to affordable energy.
* They are blocking access to energy in the Gulf of Mexico by tying up permits in needless red tape, while sending millions of taxpayer dollars to Brazil to fund offshore drilling by a foreign company with ties to billionaire liberal political bankroller George Soros.
* They are blocking access to energy in the Arctic by raising silly objections, such as the failure to calculate the impact of a boat on the global climate.
* They are blocking access to oil and natural gas here in the United States by abusing the 1906 Antiquities Act to suddenly declare millions of acres of land as “national monuments, “blocking any plans to develop resources.
* They are also blocking access to natural gas reserves by telling outrageous lies about hydraulic fracturing, a safe and clean practice conducted for over 60 years on one million wells with no proven cases of contamination. Obama’s EPA activists are now drawing up plans to simply write and enforce their own laws criminalizing fracking, with no input or approval from elected lawmakers.
* They are working hard to make energy more expensive and pay off campaign bankrollers by proposing a National Expensive Energy Mandate, which forces you to buy 80 percent of your electricity from more expensive, less reliable wind and solar corporations — wind and solar corporations that are failing, in need of this bailout from your pocket and who just happen to lavish millions of campaign dollars on Gang Green politicians.
Obama’s agenda means higher gas prices, fewer jobs, less prosperity and more dependence on foreign oil.
You and I are working every day to stop him.
We are pushing for a recorded vote on the REINS Act, which requires any proposed federal regulation with an economic impact greater than $100 million to be approved by both chambers of Congress and signed by the President before it can be enacted.
No more secret laws written and enforced by political activists with federal employee badges, with no chance to oppose it.
We are working hard to build opposition in Congress to the National Expensive Energy Mandate, and we are working hard to repeal or overturn them in states where they are already forced on consumers.
And we are fighting Obama’s attempts to shut off access to our own natural energy reserves by removing political roadblocks for energy permits and blocking attempts by political activists in the federal bureaucracy to use the Antiquities Act — intended to protect tiny prehistoric Indian sites from looters — to simply declare millions of acres of job-producing land off-limits to humans.
As you can imagine, that work is hard.
I can’t do it without you.
This week is going to be a busy one.
Gas prices continue to skyrocket, and so is the pressure American Tradition Partnership supporters are putting on Congress to do something about it.
They have responded by calling six hearings this week on energy issues.
That’s a start, but much more needs to be done.
So may I please ask you to call your congressman right now at 202-224-3121?
Ask him or her to co-sponsor (or thank him or her for co-sponsoring) the REINS Act (H.R. 10 in the House, Sen. Rand Paul’s S.299 in the Senate.)
Thank you for all your support in the past. I look forward to continuing to work with you this week and in the future.
American Tradition Partnership
Join ATP, Stop Gang Green!
American Tradition Partnership (ATP) is a no-compromise grassroots organization dedicated to fighting the radical environmentalist agenda. We support responsible development of natural resources and rational land use and management policies. Only together can we protect access, private property rights, and affordable energy for all Americans!